Thursday, August 11, 2011

Firsts...

One of the most exciting things about living in a new country and culture is experiencing and doing things for the first time.  Since moving to Malawi, some of my “firsts” include bartering for fruits and vegetables, making homemade bread weekly and working alongside a housekeeper that was here before we arrived.  However, one of the “firsts” that I have been anticipating long before we even left the states was becoming the sole person to cut Bruce’s hair.  For us as a couple, haircutting was going to challenge our marriage in either a good OR bad way depending on the results!  Now to be honest before we left the states the girls and I accompanied Bruce on his last two haircuts so I could get lessons from Bruce’s long time barber.  I was able to watch, take copious notes and practice a little bit with coaching along the way. 

So this past Sunday afternoon with great trepidation we found ourselves in the kitchen with our brand new Wahl haircutting kit ready to conquer this “first” haircutting experience as a couple.  So here are a few pictures of Bruce’s first haircut by me the novice haircutter…

The before picture (yes, he is seriously praying!):



Any bets on how the haircut went? 
 


Here is the after picture:


 






Now to conquer driving on the left hand side!

No comments:

Post a Comment